Tuesday 9 January 2018

The First Blog is the Hardest…


… it’s true. A great blog will grip you, have you reaching for that all important ‘Follow’ button and keep you as part of our community forever. A rubbish opening will make you click the next button faster than a speeding bullet and, before you know it, you’ll be reading about Naked Nordic Fishing… hang on, I quite fancy that myself!

I digress (something you’ll get used to- I promise). This blog is all about my family- that’s me, my long-suffering husband Nigel, my eldest son Mackenzie who is 16, our 10 year old daughter Gabby, Georgie who is 4 and disabled and, finally, Raphael who is 8 months old and blissfully unaware of all the crazy! Oh, and because life isn’t busy enough, we have two dogs called Minnie and Pepper. Sounds fun huh? This year we are trying to raise the princely sum of £10,00 for an eye-gaze machine for Georgie so that she can communicate. 

I’ve toyed with writing this blog ever since Georgie was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome two years ago but, quite frankly, I haven’t known what to write. Having a disabled child is hard. There, I said it. It’s also amazing: it brings you into contact with people you would never ordinarily meet and makes you do things you’d never normally do. I’m so far out of my comfort zone raising money for Georgie’s eye gaze machine that I might as well be on the Moon. It can even bring you closer to God- because needing to make sense of the world is suddenly extremely important.

I am grateful for Georgie every day and, through this blog, I hope to explain why.

What’s your story? Have you also got a remarkable special child? Have you had a life changing experience? Or would you just like to tell us something about yourself? Please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment